Aberdeen have this afternoon announced further information about the virtual season ticket:
Virtual Season Ticket Access – Key Information
- Your Virtual Season Ticket will provide access for ALL home league matches which are played at Pittodrie whilst matches are played behind closed doors or partial crowds should you not be granted access.
- In the event that you are granted access to Pittodrie for a match with partial crowds, you will not receive virtual access.
- Virtual access will cease when we can accommodate all season ticket holders inside Pittodrie again safely.
- A unique log-in will be issued at least 48 hours before kick-off in the first match. You will also receive a weblink to access the action at this time. At this time you will be required to sign up to the Terms and Conditions for this service.
- Terms & Conditions can be viewed in full here
- Your unique log-in will remain the same for all matches so please keep it safe, this must not under any circumstance be shared with others and will only provide access to one device at a time.
- Please check that the details on your ticketing account are up to date in the meantime as this information will be used to set-up your virtual access.
Passwords and log-in information will follow next week, likely on Thursday, after the season ticket deadline has passed on Wednesday 29th July.
If you haven’t signed-up there is still time to do so and secure access in time for our first league match. Season tickets are now on general sale online 24/7 via afc.co.uk/eTickets, by calling 01224 63 1903 or visiting the Pittodrie Ticket Office Monday-Friday 10am-4pm.
Should you require technical support beyond the information in this document please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
On a related note, the Club will also have an update on Pay-Per-View access next week but can confirm at this stage that it will be unavailable for our 1st two league matches (Rangers & St Johnstone) as they will be televised by Sky.
We’ve updated our page with all the Virtual Season Ticket FAQ’s – please click the button below: